Despite the fact that nationally, Jalisco is a leading entity in the development of the housing sector and presents a high rate of urbanization, there is still no Real Estate Law here that regulates the activity of those who promote or advise on rental transactions or property sales. It is a legal vacuum that opens the door to possible fraud or simply bad practices that put the assets of families and investors at risk.
The president of the Mexican Association of Real Estate Developers in Guadalajara (AMPI), Mario Romo Alarcón, pointed out that it is vital that the State Congress approve this new legislation in order to officially certify and register professionals in the sector and, consequently, give the greatest possible legal certainty to those who wish to acquire or rent a property.
While the issue awaits its turn on the agenda of the state legislature, this organization of professionals advances in offering a permanent training plan, establishing alliances with other groups and government institutions, as well as integrating a network of advisers with work, prestige, and recognition of its honesty, that it be open to the public and easily accessible.
As part of the strategy, next Friday, September 23, the AMPI Guadalajara Real Estate Forum will be held, in its 31st edition, Romo Alarcón announced this morning, who announced that some 1,200 attendees are expected for this day.
This is a meeting that will bring together the most influential real estate leaders and experts considered agents of change who will share their knowledge and experience. The objective is to provide more elements aimed at professionalizing the task of real estate advisors.
They will be present, for example, the researcher Alfredo Ceja; the businesswoman Alejandra Ríos Spínola; the journalist Diego Petersen Farah; and the communicator Gloria Calzada.
The program consists of 20 conferences and discussion tables. Among the topics is that of Real Estate Law; and other highly topical ones such as the new technologies applied to this sector, as it is known that online property searches have grown by 36% this year. There will also be talk about the future that is glimpsed for marketing, and the so-called unicorn companies will be analyzed.
Why is the Real Estate Law important for Jalisco?
- The real estate industry contributes 12.8 percent of the country’s Gross Domestic Product.
- 19 states already have a law to regulate real estate sales.
- Within the Mexican Republic, Jalisco is considered in third place in real estate supply.
- Around 10,000 independent real estate consultants operate in the State without certifications and who are not part of any registry of professionals.
- Contrary to some forecasts of contraction in the market, during this year real estate sales have increased by eight percent.
- Prices have generally increased a little above inflation.
Subscribe here to receive our newsletters, access exclusive content, read our news without ads, and much more!
Trending news of PVDN
- Live Updates: Seismological records 314 aftershocks after earthquake Recent update: September 20, 2020 @6:20 AM Local Time Again on September 19. This Monday, a new earthquake of magnitude 7.7 was recorded, with an epicenter in Coalcoman, Michoacán, and was perceived in several areas of Mexico. The Municipal Coordination of Civil Protection and Firefighters of Puerto Vallarta confirmed that there was damage to some…
- 7.4 earthquake in Michoacán shakes Puerto Vallarta; TSUNAMI ALERT ISSUED UPDATE: TSUNAMI ALERT FOR JALISCO HAS BEEN ISSUED If you are a subscriber, please log in to your dashboard to keep up with the latest development from the earthquake. In your dashboard, you can also see photos and videos of damage recorded in the area of Puerto Vallarta. If you are not a subscriber, you…
- Puerto Vallarta experiences 10 earthquakes every day, you just don’t feel them; a big one is inevitable After the earthquake of magnitude 7.7 registered on Monday afternoon with the epicenter of Coalcomán, Michoacán, it is not ruled out that an earthquake of the same magnitude will occur in the next two or three months. The above was pointed out by Dr. Araceli Zamora Camacho, research professor at the Department of Exact Sciences…
- As if the earthquake wasn’t enough; Mexico City warned of activity at the Popocatépetl volcano The Secretariat of Comprehensive Risk Management and Civil Protection of Mexico City (SGIRPC) reported that due to the recent activity of the Popocatépetl volcano, ash fall is expected in all the CDMX municipalities. At 5:05 p.m. on Monday, September 19, phase two of the volcanic alert traffic light was activated. Likewise, he urged the population…
- Ukraine says Mexico’s peace plan is meant to help Russia regroup for a new offensive Next Tuesday, the general debate of the 77th UN General Assembly will begin in New York, where leaders and heads of state from 170 countries will discuss the most urgent issues for the planet. President of Mexico appointed as representative of Mexico to the General Assembly, Secretary of Foreign Relations, Marcelo Ebrard, who plans to…